The Springfield Museums is devoted to sparking curiosity for all who visit, whether in person or through our virtual offerings. When you do visit in person, we require the protocols below, which apply to all of our museums and grounds. These protocols are in place for your safety and for the safety of others.
- Face masks must be worn by all visitors older than 5, and by all staff members. Masks are required both inside the Museums and outside on our Quadrangle Green. Those who do not comply will be asked to leave (no refunds). Masks are encouraged, but not required, for visitors between the ages of 2 and 5.
- Social distancing is required except in family groups; groups of ten or less only; children must stay with adults.
- Guests showing signs of illness at any time during their visit will be asked to return at a later date.
- Because of limited capacities in each building, visitors might be required to wait outside in socially distanced lines.
- Advance, online, timed-entry tickets are strongly encouraged. Please visit the Tickets page.
- Visitor numbers are reduced and controlled at all locations to a capacity required by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Visitors might have to either wait or come back to some exhibits and/or galleries over the course of their visit.
- Credit or debit cards are encouraged. If you pay in cash, please consider donating any change owed to the Museums to decrease the handling of money between people.
- The Museums are featuring a new mobile guide with interactive scavenger hunts and tours, maps, and the Blake House Café menu.
- All interactives are cleaned by staff throughout the day and they include cleaning stations so visitors can clean their hands before and after using the interactives.
- All facilitated spaces (The Cat’s Corner, Spark!Lab, and The Art Discovery Center) feature individualized kits and social distanced activities. All materials will be sanitized between use. All surfaces will be cleaned between use.
- All museums are set up for one-way traffic. Please abide by the guidance in each museum.
- Social-distancing markers are placed throughout the museums and on the grounds to help remind all to keep safe.
- Only one person or related people on elevators at a time.
- Enhanced cleaning of high-touch surfaces will happen throughout the day; an exhibit might be closed for a short time for deep cleaning.
- Hand-sanitizer units are stationed throughout the buildings; please use them to help protect yourself and others.
- Drinking fountains are not available.
- Lockers are not available at this time. The Museum cannot store bags or suitcases for visitors.
- Bathrooms are limited to one person or related party at a time. Please knock to ensure the bathroom is empty. Please allow a minute to pass before entering a recently vacated bathroom.
- If you bring a picnic lunch, you can eat at social distance on the Quadrangle Green Eating is not permitted in the Museums or Welcome Center.
- The Museum Store will allow 8 visitors at a time.
- The Blake House Café offers limited seating.
Updated March 22.
Note this information is continually updated to ensure all information is in cooperation with Gov. Baker’s Reopening Massachusetts plan and the most current CDC recommendations.
*Dates are subject to change, please check back frequently, follow us on social media, or sign up for email notices.
All who visit accept the inherent risk of Covid-19 and will not hold the Springfield Museums liable if they contract the disease.
Today we're introducing another way that you can stay connected and informed during the #COVID19 outbreak.— Charlie Baker (@MassGovernor) March 24, 2020
➡️📱Text "COVIDMA" to 888-777 to receive COVID-19 text message alerts straight to your phone and stay up to date with the latest news + updates from the Commonwealth. pic.twitter.com/Tof5DRokRQ