This gun was commissioned for the Columbian Exposition of 1893, held in Chicago. Usually Smith & Wesson used only factory engravers, but for these major expositions the company decided to ask renowned jewelers Tiffany & Co. of New York to decorate several guns. This gun is a double action revolver with a three-and- one-half-inch barrel. The engraving is solid silver overlay. The barrel and cylinder are etched in a raw steel finish. The trigger and trigger guard are blued. The grips are fluted wood.