We are excited to welcome you to our Summer Spectacular—lots of full-immersion, hands-on fun for the whole family. It’s all about CATS and DOGS this summer with visits from the Cat in the Hat and Clifford The Big Red Dog.
All exhibits and activities are FREE with museum admission unless noted.
We hope you are inspired by your visit to the museums. And, come back again—there is always something new at the Springfield Museums!
The Springfield Museums have two maker spaces where people of all ages can create: The Cat’s Corner and The Art Discovery Center. The Science Museum offers hands-on demonstrations in Family Science Adventures, led by a Roving Scientist.
- Before visiting, be sure to look up our events calendar and hours. A great way to stay up to date on what’s happening at the Museums is to follow our Facebook and Twitter.
- Due to the popularity of the Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum, we are using timed tickets in order to stagger entry into the new museum. The timed ticket does not cost extra money, it just helps to assure you and your family have plenty of room to play as we control the number of people in the museum at all times.
- Closets, lockers, and cubbies are available in each of our five museums for your convenience.
- We allow outside food and drink in designated eating areas—the Welcome Center, the picnic benches under the red-striped tent, and the Quadrangle Green.
- We have a wonderful café for those who would like to purchase food while visiting.
- To plan your visit to our five museums, you can review this map.