Join us at the Museums for full-immersion, hands-on fun for the whole family. Sign up for a class at the Museum School, stop in for our weekly Summer Spectacular family programs, and explore our permanent collections and special exhibits.
All exhibits and activities are FREE with museum admission unless noted.
We hope you are inspired by your visit to the museums. And, come back again—there is always something new at the Springfield Museums!
Six weeks of entertainment, art, science, history and Seuss for the whole family. Explore the world of science through hands-on activities, enjoy face painting and balloon twisting, boogie down at a bubble party, take in a puppet show, hitch a ride on a trackless train, meet the Cat in the Hat, and much more. Free with museum admission!
Supported by the Charles H. Hall Foundation, a Bank of America trustee.
- Before visiting, be sure to look up our events calendar and hours. A great way to stay up to date on what’s happening at the Museums is to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Due to the popularity of the Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum, we are using timed tickets in order to stagger entry into the new museum. The timed ticket does not cost extra money, it just helps to assure you and your family have plenty of room to play as we control the number of people in the museum at all times.
- Closets, lockers, and cubbies are available in each of our five museums for your convenience.
- We allow outside food and drink in designated eating areas—the Welcome Center, the picnic benches under the red-striped tent, and the Quadrangle Green.
- We have a wonderful café for those who would like to purchase food while visiting.
- To plan your visit to our five museums, you can review this map.