- Visitors should keep a safe distance – at least one foot – from all objects on display.
- While visiting the Museums, you may be photographed or filmed, and the footage may be used in our promotional advertisements, on social media, and our website.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Access to the Dr. Seuss Sculpture Garden may be limited during extreme weather conditions.
- All buildings are accessible and equipped with accessible restrooms.
- Accessible parking is available.
- Mobility devices are allowed.
- A limited number of wheelchairs are available in the Welcome Center and the lobbies of the D’Amour Art Museum, Wood Museum of Springfield History and GWV Smith Art Museum.
- Due to ongoing construction, please ask our Welcome Center staff in advance for assistance in accessing the GWV Smith Art Museum.
- For other questions regarding accessibility, please contact our security office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-779-2156.
- Handheld cameras, cell phones, sketch pads, and pencils.
- Service animals.
- All mobility aids.
- Photography of Museums’ collection objects.
We do not allow
- Bicycles, skateboards, sneaker skates, rollerblades.
- Food or drink inside Museums’ galleries.
- Backpacks or large bags (lockers are available in the Welcome Center and D’Amour Art Museum lobby).
- Weapons, including: firearms, explosives, knives of any length, or other objects that in the opinion of staff might be dangerous or cause harm.
- Smoking in any building or on Museums’ grounds.
- Pets or emotional support animals.
- Tripods, monopods, or selfie sticks.
- Only hand-held cameras with standard electronic flash may be used in any of our buildings. Tripods, photo lamps and flashbulb attachments are not permitted. Motion picture and video cameras may not be used, except in the Springfield Science Museum.
- Only objects owned by the Springfield Museums may be photographed. Objects on loan to the Museums may not be photographed. Special exhibitions may be restricted.
- Items on display may not be touched or moved. Do not place personal items on objects or on exhibition stands.
- Photographs taken are for personal use only.
- Wedding photographs are permitted in Museum lobbies and on the Quadrangle green with prior approval and for an additional charge. No interior photographs are permitted during public hours.
- Permission to reproduce, duplicate, broadcast, sell or use any photograph of Springfield Museums’ property, except for authorized press photography, must be obtained from the photographic rights and reproduction department at email@example.com or 413-314-6467.
- Any exception to the photographic guidelines must be approved in writing by the Vice President or President of the Springfield Museums.
- Authorization for professional or commercial photography and videotaping must be obtained in advance, and in writing, from the Marketing and Public Relations Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-314-6459.
- In the absence of the Public Relations staff (e.g. on weekends), press photographers and camera crews will be admitted into public spaces after showing valid press credentials to the Security guard on duty and leaving a business card for follow-up by the Marketing and Public Relations Department.