Michele & Donald D’Amour Museum of Fine Arts, North Lawn, Quadrangle Green
Watch local artists and student interns transform ordinary picnic tables into unique works of art that will enhance the beauty of one of downtown Springfield's landmarks. The designs were selected by public vote on the Museums’ Facebook page.
The completed tables will be unveiled at a free Community Picnic on Saturday, August 10. Learn more >>
At the Museums:
- Reena Allen
- Samantha Buckley
- Karen Dupuis
- Gina Restaino
- Stephen Schreiber
- Susan Shaylor
- Mark Stuart Gagnon
At the People’s United Bank building at Harrison Ave. and Main St.:
- Don Blanton
- Mischa Epstein
- Sophie Theroux
- Narelle Thomas
- Whitney Wood Rahm
Project Advisory Panel
- Heather Haskell, director, Springfield Art Museums and Collections
- Rosemary Tracey Wood, owner, Art for the Soul Galley
- Alvilda Sophia Anaya-Alegria, art curator, Galeria L'Alvida; faculty, Art and Economics, Cambridge College
Supported by a grant from the Community Foundation of Western Massachusetts through the Art & Soles Fund.
- Deadline Extended! June 28: Artist and student application deadline, delivered or postmarked by 4 pm.
- July 2-July 5: Public Voting
- July 5: Winners announced
- July 29-August 9: Artists and Students will work on Museum Grounds.
- August 10: Reveal at Community Picnic