Join a group of talented individuals and contribute your time while gaining experience and a broader understanding of the museum field!
We offer unpaid internships for undergraduate or graduate-level students, and recent college graduates. Work hours are flexible to accommodate class schedules, but some evening or weekend work may be required for special events. A list of current internship opportunities is provided below.
Your application will be reviewed by the appropriate staff member and you will be contacted you for interview in the event of a match between your interests, experience, availability, and our needs.
Family Engagement Intern
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the Art Discovery Center
- Help develop and prepare hands-on educational activities for families
- Volunteer at family programs.
Summer: 1 event per week, plus 3-4 special events
Fall: 2 days per week
Reports to the Family Engagement Coordinator
Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Intern
- Learning about the collections of the Springfield Museums as a whole, with a focus on the Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum.
- Gaining a complete understanding of the life and works of Theodor Geisel. A copy of a biography will be provided.
- Welcoming and creating a sense of belonging for a wide diversity of visitors.
- Helping to develop, prepare, facilitate, and track hands-on educational activities for families across disciplines. Interns must commit to developing at least one craft/activity for the Cat’s Corner.
- Working collaboratively with interns and staff.
- Aid in maintaining galleries located on the first floor of the Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum.
1 four-hour shift per week, plus special events as needed, over the duration of one semester (Fall: September-December, Spring: January-May, Summer: June-August)
Reports to Program Coordinator, The Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum
Work with museum visitors in Spark!Lab as they participate in hands-on activities designed to foster creativity, innovation, and invention.
1 four-hour shift per week, plus special events as needed
Reports to Spark!Lab Coordinator
Public Relations and Marketing Intern
- Assisting with the creation and implementation of marketing plans for individual programs, events, or exhibits
- Strategizing social media campaigns
- Writing press releases
- Learning about the collections of the Museums as a whole
Hours are flexible within the hours of operation (Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-5 pm) to fit student needs. Start dates: October 1, February 1, and June 1.
Reports to Director of Marketing and Communications Strategy