- Registrations cannot be accepted without full payment.
- Classes may be canceled due to insufficient enrollment.
- In rare cases there may be a change in instructors, schedules and programs.
- Some classes are limited in enrollment, so please register early to ensure your space in the class.
- Only students who are registered may attend classes. Substitutions will not be allowed once classes begin.
- You may not make up absences by attending classes other than those in which you are enrolled.
- Courses are not offered on a class-by-class basis unless otherwise indicated in the course description.
- Full tuition must be paid for each course, regardless of the number of classes you are able to attend.
College credit is awarded for some classes through American International College for an additional fee of $200. For more information email email@example.com.
Late Starters for Adults
We encourage students to register early but if you must register on the day that a course begins, please call to verify that the course is running.
Secure free parking is available in the Museums lots on Edwards Street. There is no long-term parking on the Quadrangle. Additional Museum parking located on State Street across from the City Library.
The staff of the Museum School makes every attempt to accommodate people with disabilities. If you require assistance for a disability, please contact the Museum School at 413.263.6800, ext. 377 or 382.
Class & Trip Cancellations
If your class or trip is canceled due to low enrollment, we will notify you as far in advance as possible. At that time, you may transfer to another class or trip, or receive a full refund.
Travel Withdrawal Policy
No refunds are issued for cancellations less than two weeks before the trip. If you cancel prior to two weeks, a $15 cancellation fee is deducted, unless you find a replacement.
Class Withdrawal Policy
If you withdraw from a class one week before the first session, you will receive a full refund (less a $15 registration fee). If you withdraw 6 days to 24 hours before your first class, you are still entitled to a 50 percent refund (less the $15 registration fee). After that time, no refunds or credits will be issued.
Bad Weather Closings
Call 413.263.6800, ext. 377 or ext. 382, for up-to-date announcements. If your class is postponed due to inclement weather or other factors beyond our control, a make-up class will be added to the end of the term or equivalent time added to the remaining sessions. We will announce this decision no later than one hour before the class is scheduled to begin. Museum School classes will be cancelled when the Springfield Schools are closed due to inclement weather.
Where do I bring my child?
Bring your child inside the main entrance of the museum where their class is to be held. Students should be picked up promptly at the time class is dismissed. Let the instructor or other staff person know if someone other than you will pick up your child.
To whom do I speak about my child’s medical conditions?
Let us know if your child has allergies or other medical conditions. Staff is not permitted to administer medication of any kind.
Does tuition include materials?
Unless otherwise indicated, all materials are included in the cost of tuition.
Can my child take a class for older children?
Register your child for the age they will be on the first class. Classes are carefully designed to meet the developmental needs of children within the age ranges specified.