This is an online class!
Learn how to research your ancestry using the extensive resources available including genealogical websites with Dave Robison, active member of the Massachusetts Society of Genealogists-Worcester Chapter, the Massachusetts Genealogy Council and Central New York Genealogical Society (CNYGS) among others. How do you spell DNA? Find out what you can do with the ancestry information you receive from DNA test results. Whether you’re new to researching your ancestry or have had limited success in your searches, this workshop will provide the tools you need.
Instructor: Dave Robison
Tuesday, 10 am-12 pm
Four classes: January 26; February 2, 9, 16
1. You will receive an email invitation and Zoom link to join the class from the Dave Robsion. Dave will be on Zoom a few minutes before the class is scheduled to start.
2. We recommend that you login early to test your connection, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
3. Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
4. Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
5. If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
6. You do not need to have your camera on during class. There will be the opportunity to ask questions during and at the end of the class.
7. Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise.
8. Make sure you have a pen and paper for taking notes and any genealogy information that you already have.