This is an online class!
Students will review and implement the Elements of Art and Principles of Design. Using an array of readily accessible materials and processes (drawing, painting), students will practice and improve their studio skills as they create drawings from life. Projects will include portraiture, still-lives, color studies, and compositional explorations. Students will be assigned to research artists they’re inspired by and will receive images from the museums’ special exhibits to artistically inform their creations. Materials list provided.
Instructor: Wendy Decker
Monday & Thursday, 10:30-11:30 am
Four classes: July 20, 23; 27, 30
The day before the first class you will receive an invitation and the link to join the online class in the (free) Zoom application.
Watch this orientation video if you are new to Zoom: https://youtu.be/hIkCmbvAHQQ. You may download and install the Zoom application at any time. We recommend you do this after you enroll in class or at least one day prior to your first online class. Choose the download option that best fits your technology. Unless you will be using an iPad or mobile device, the first option is most likely the one you’ll need.
The Day of Class
1. Class will begin at 10 AM. Wendy will be on Zoom 15 minutes before the class starts.
2. You may login early, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
3. Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
4. Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
5. If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
6. We encourage you to have your camera on during class, so you can share your work with Wendy.
7. You may want to add a photo to your profile; see these instructions. This is optional.
8. Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise during class.
9. Plan ahead and have your art materials ready before the class starts.