This is now an online class!
Lessons will focus on the fundamental elements of line, composition, proportion, spatial relationships, perspective, volume, light and shadow, and foreshortening. Basic skills, work habits, color theory, and motivational techniques to produce complete and finished drawings will also be discussed. All levels welcome. Supply list provided.
Instructor: Don Smith
Wednesday, 10 am–12:30 pm
Seven classes: April 8, 15, 29; May 6, 13, 20, 27
A few days before the first day of class you will receive an invitation from Don to join the online Basic Drawing class in the (free) Zoom application. Robert may attempt a test run to make sure everyone can get into Zoom the day before the class is set to run.
Watch this orientation video on how to join a Zoom meeting if you are new to Zoom: https://youtu.be/hIkCmbvAHQQ You may download and install the Zoom application at any time. We recommend you do this after you enroll in class or at least one day prior to your first online class. Choose the download option that best fits your technology. Unless you will be using an iPad or mobile device, the first option is most likely the one you’ll need.
The Day of Class
- Class will begin at 10 AM. Don will be on Zoom a few minutes before.
- You may login early, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
- Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
- Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
- If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
- We encourage you to have your camera on during class, as this helps with feeling connected, however, camera mode is optional.
- You may want to add a photo to your profile; see these instructions. This is optional.
- Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise during class.
- Plan ahead so that you will not be multi-tasking during the call. Do not drive while participating in any online class.