This is an online class!
Lessons will focus on the fundamental elements of line, composition, proportion, spatial relationships, perspective, volume, light and shadow, and foreshortening. Basic skills, work habits, color theory, and motivational techniques to produce complete and finished drawings will also be discussed. All levels welcome. Supply list provided.
Instructor: Don Smith
Wednesday, 10 am-12:30 pm
Four classes: June 3, 10, 17, 24
A day or two before the first day of class you will receive an invitation from Don Smith to join the online Drawing class in the (free) Zoom application.
Watch this orientation video:https://youtu.be/hIkCmbvAHQQ
If you are new to Zoom. You may download and install the Zoom application at any time. We recommend you do this after you enroll in class or at least one day prior to your first online class. Choose the download option that best fits your technology. Unless you will be using an iPad or mobile device, the first option is most likely the one you’ll need.
The First Day of Class
- Class will begin at 10 AM and end at 12:30 PM. Don will be on Zoom 15 minutes before and after.
- You may login early, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
- Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
- Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
- If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
- We encourage you to have your camera on during class, as this helps with feeling connected, however, camera mode is optional.
- You may want to add a photo to your profile; see these instructions. This is optional.
- Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise during class.
- Plan ahead so that you will not be multi-tasking during the call. Do not drive while participating in any online class.