This is an online class!
Python is a text-based coding language that is easy to read with less punctuation than other languages. While it is possible to start programming with Python without prior coding experience, it is geared toward older beginners or students with block programing experience who are ready to get more geeky. In Python, students will build from the ground up, typing all code and using graphics they generate or find. We will work with turtle graphics to build games and other creations. Supply list provided.
Instructor: Kevin Kopchynski
Ages 10 and up
Tuesday, Thursday, 1-3 pm
Four classes: August 11, 13, 18, 20
Watch this orientation video if you are new to Zoom: https://youtu.be/hIkCmbvAHQQ. You may download and install the Zoom application at any time. We recommend you do this after you enroll in class or at least one day prior to your first online class. Choose the download option that best fits your technology. Unless you will be using an iPad or mobile device, the first option is most likely the one you’ll need.
The Day of Class
1. You will receive an invitation and password to join the class from Kevin Kopchynski. Class will begin at 1 pm. Kevin will be on Zoom a few minutes before.
2. You may login early, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
3. Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
4. Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
5. If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
6. You will need to have your camera on during class, as well as the ability to share your screen.
7. You may add a photo to your profile; see these instructions. This is optional.
8. Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise during class.
9. You will receive a recommended supply list and tips for sharing your screen in class so you can plan ahead in preparation for the class