This is an online class!
For students who attended the Coding: Going Beyond with Python or any student with some previous Python coding experience. Python is a text-based coding language that is easy to read with less punctuation than other languages. While it is possible to start programming with Python without prior coding experience, it is geared toward older beginners or students with block programming experience who are ready to get more geeky. In Python, students will build from the ground up, typing all code and using graphics they generate or find. We will work with turtle graphics to build games and other creations.
Instructor: Kevin Kopchynski
Ages 10 and up
Thursday, 3:30-5 pm
Four classes: February 25; March 4, 11, 18
1. You will receive an email invitation and Zoom link to join the class from Kevin Kopchynski. Kevin will be on Zoom a few minutes before the class is scheduled to start.
2. You may login early to test your connection, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
3. Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
4. Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
5. If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
6. You will need to have your camera on during class, as well as the ability to share your screen.
7. Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise during class.
8. You will receive a recommended supply list and tips for sharing your screen in class.