This is an online class! New dates and time!
For Students who have already taken the Beginning Coding with Scratch workshop and are ready to learn more advanced concepts and produce detailed and more complex creations. Students will learn programming concepts while creating fun games, activities, and stories. Most programming is done by dragging and dropping blocks with minimal typing. Many graphical characters called “sprites” are supplied along with a large variety of actions they perform. While this is a good language for beginners, it is also possible to continue learning more advanced concepts and produce detailed, more complex creations. Please let us know if another day and time works better for your child.
Instructor: Kevin Kopchynski
Ages 8 and up
Tuesday, 3:30-5 pm
Four classes: February 23; March 2, 9, 16
1. You will receive an email invitation and Zoom link to join the class from Kevin Kopchynski. Kevin will be on Zoom a few minutes before the class is scheduled to start.
2. You may login early to test your connection, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
3. Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
4. Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
5. If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
6. You will need to have your camera on during class, as well as the ability to share your screen.
7. Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise during class.
8. You will receive a recommended supply list and tips for sharing your screen in class.