This is an online class!
Students will create drawings or paintings inspired by artworks and famous artists with visual instruction led by the teacher. You can choose to create with crayons, pastels or paint.
Instructor: Susan Urban
Wednesdays, 10-11:30 am
Three classes: July 22, 29; August 5
The day before the first class you will receive an invitation from Susan to join the online Draw or Paint like the Masters class in the (free) Zoom application. At that time, Susan will make sure everyone can get into Zoom the day before the class is set to run.
Watch this orientation video if you are new to Zoom: https://youtu.be/hIkCmbvAHQQ. You may download and install the Zoom application at any time. We recommend you do this after you enroll in class or at least one day prior to your first online class. Choose the download option that best fits your technology. Unless you will be using an iPad or mobile device, the first option is most likely the one you’ll need.
The Day of Class
1. Class will begin at 10 AM. Susan will be on Zoom 15 minutes before the class starts.
2. You may login early, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
3. Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
4. Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
5. If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
6. We encourage you to have your camera on during class, as this helps with feeling connected, however, camera mode is optional.
7. You may want to add a photo to your profile; see these instructions. This is optional.
8. Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise during class.
9. Plan ahead so that you will not be multi-tasking during the call.