This is an online class!
Use the Science Museum’s resources to explore new and exciting areas of science. We’ll explore minerals, the formation of our Connecticut Valley, astronomy, and more! Hands-on activities, projects, and visits to new science exhibits and Spark!Lab will enhance your learning experience. We constantly blend in new topics for returning students.
Instructor: Kevin Kopchynski
Tuesdays, 10-11:30 am
Six classes: October 13, 20, 27; November 3, 10, 17
Watch this orientation video if you are new to Zoom: https://youtu.be/hIkCmbvAHQQ. You may download and install the Zoom application at any time. We recommend you do this after you enroll in class or at least one day prior to your first online class. Choose the download option that best fits your technology. Unless you will be using an iPad or mobile device, the first option is most likely the one you’ll need.
The Day of Class
1. Class will begin at 10 AM. Kevin will be on Zoom a few minutes before.
2. You may login early, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
3. Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
4. Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
5. If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
6. We encourage you to have your camera on during class, as this helps with feeling connected, however, camera mode is optional.
7. You may add a photo to your profile; see these instructions. This is optional.
8. Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise during class.