This is now an online class!
Our supportive writing space is for intermediate and serious writers of memoir, personal essay, poetry, short stories, or novels. We’ll write in response to prompts and have the option of sharing with others. Lots of writing, guaranteed! Coffee and light refreshments provided.
Instructor: Theresa Chamberland
Wednesday, 10 am–1 pm
Ten classes: April 8, 15, 22, 29; May 6, 13, 20, 27; June 3, 10
A few days before the first day of class you will receive an invitation from Theresa to join the online Creative Writing and Memoir class in the (free) Zoom application. Theresa will include her phone number and email in case you need to contact her.
Watch this orientation video: https://youtu.be/hIkCmbvAHQQ if you are new to Zoom. You may download and install the Zoom application at any time. We recommend you do this after you enroll in class or at least one day prior to your first online class. Choose the download option that best fits your technology. Unless you will be using an iPad or mobile device, the first option is most likely the one you’ll need.
First Day of Class
- Class will begin at 10 AM and end at 1:00 PM. Theresa will be on Zoom at 9:45.
- You may login early, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
- Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
- Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
- If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
- If you are unsuccessful after step 3, call or text Theresa.
- We encourage you to have you camera on during class, as this helps with feeling connected, however, camera mode is optional.
- You may want to add a photo to your profile; see these instructions. This is optional.
- Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise during class.
- Plan ahead so that you will not be multi-tasking during the call. Do not drive while participating in any online class.
- This class will not be recorded.