This is an online class!
Writing is a doorway. The person who holds the pen or presses a keyboard with fingers opens the door to memories. What’s stopping you from recording your stories? Start with one story at a time in this supportive 5-week workshop. Prompts will be provided to help surface your memories. You’ll receive feedback and encouragement to keep writing, as well as writing tips and resources. Your memories are the most important gift you can give yourself and others.
Instructor: Theresa Chamberland
Tuesday, 10 am-1 pm
Five classes: September 15, 22, 29; October 6, 13
The day before the first class you will receive an invitation from Theresa to join the online class in the (free) Zoom application.
Watch this orientation video if you are new to Zoom: https://youtu.be/hIkCmbvAHQQ. You may download and install the Zoom application at any time. We recommend you do this after you enroll in class or at least one day prior to your first online class. Choose the download option that best fits your technology. Unless you will be using an iPad or mobile device, the first option is most likely the one you’ll need.
- Class will begin at 10 am. Theresa will be on Zoom 15 minutes before the class starts.
- You may login early, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
- Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
- Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
- If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
- We encourage you to have your camera on during class, to feel more connected.
- You may want to add a photo to your profile; see these instructions. This is optional.
- Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise during class.
- Plan ahead and have everything you need so you don’t have to multi-task.