This is an online class!
The human portrait will be explored in this workshop. Students will learn to paint a portrait with all of its nuances and subtleties in watercolor using a layering process. Other mediums are welcome. Students will paint from photo references. The instructor will paint, as a demonstration, a finished portrait, and will explain each step of the painting process. Students will paint from photo references and are encouraged to bring reference photos of a favorite portrait subject. The instructor will also provide reference photos. A critique and class discussion will be held at the end of the session. Open to all levels. Supply list provided.
Instructor: Robert J. O’Brien AWS NWS
Wednesday & Thursday, 10 am-4 pm
Two classes: November 18, 19
1. You will receive an email invitation and Zoom link to join the class from Robert O’Brien. Robert will be on Zoom a few minutes before the class is scheduled to start.
2. We recommend that you login early to test your connection, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
3. Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
4. Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
5. If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
6. We recommend that you have your camera and microphone on during class so that you can share your work and ask questions during class.
7. Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise.
8. Make sure you have your supplies ready.