New Dates! This is now an online class!
Learn basic floral painting techniques, with an emphasis on values and composition, as well as how to layer and blend color into soft edges. We will focus on painting from close-up photo references of flowers in an artistic setting with spectacular results. A critique and class discussion will be held at the end of the session. Open to all levels. Supply list provided.
Instructor: Robert J O’Brien, AWS NWS
Wednesday & Thursday, 10 am–4 pm
Two classes: June 17 & 18
A few days before the first day of the workshop you will receive an invitation from Robert O’Brien to join the online practice Watercolor class in the (free) Zoom application. At that time, Robert will confirm that that everyone is comfortable with Zoom and prepared for the workshop.
Watch this orientation video if you are new to Zoom: https://youtu.be/hIkCmbvAHQQ. You may download and install the Zoom application at any time. We recommend you do this after you enroll in class or at least one day prior to your first online class. Choose the download option that best fits your technology. Unless you will be using an iPad or mobile device, the first option is most likely the one you’ll need.
The Day of Class
- Class will begin at 10 AM. Robert will be on Zoom 15 minutes before and after.
- You may login early, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
- Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
- Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
- If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
- We encourage you to have your camera on during class, as this helps with feeling connected, however, camera mode is optional.
- You may want to add a photo to your profile; see these instructions. This is optional.
- Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise during class.
- Plan ahead so that you will not be multi-tasking during the call. Do not drive while participating in any online class.