This is an online class!
Learn the fundamentals of painting still-lifes in oil -from canvas preparation to planning a composition, color mixing and paint application from start to finish. All sessions will be recorded and students will receive a video link to review their classes. All levels welcome. Supply list provided.
Instructor: Tiago Finato
Monday, 10 am–12:30 pm
Six classes: June 1, 8, 15, 22, 29; July 1
The day before the first day of the workshop you will receive an invitation from Tiago Finato to join the online class in the (free) Zoom application. At that time, Tiago will confirm that that everyone is comfortable with Zoom and prepared for the workshop.
Watch this orientation video if you are new to Zoom: https://youtu.be/hIkCmbvAHQQ. You may download and install the Zoom application at any time. We recommend you do this after you enroll in class or at least one day prior to your first online class. Choose the download option that best fits your technology. Unless you will be using an iPad or mobile device, the first option is most likely the one you’ll need.
The Day of Class
- Class will begin at 10 AM. Tiago will be on Zoom 15 minutes before the class starts.
- You may login early, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
- Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
- Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
- If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
- We encourage you to have your camera on during class, as this helps with feeling connected, however, camera mode is optional.
- You may want to add a photo to your profile; see these instructions. This is optional.
- Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise during class.
- Plan ahead so that you will not be multi-tasking during the call.