This class is now online!
Explore the painting application methods, composition, and color theory of the late 19th and early 20th century European and American impressionists. Certain methods of the Realist and Academic traditions will also be explored. Beginner and intermediate students welcome. Supply list provided.
Online students will follow the instructor as he works on a painting from start to finish. There will be group discussion and the opportunity to get feedback on your work and answers directly from Tiago. The sessions will be recorded so you can review each class.
Instructor: Tiago Finato
Thursday, 10 am–12:30 pm
Six classes: April 9, 16, 30; (No class May 7), 14, 21, 28
A few days before the first day of class you will receive an invitation from Tiago to join the online Painting in the Style of the Impressionists class in the (free) Zoom application. Tiago will include his email in case you need to contact him.
Watch this orientation video: How to join a Zoom meeting if you are new to Zoom. You may download and install the Zoom application at any time. We recommend you do this after you enroll in class or at least one day prior to your first online class. Choose the download option that best fits your technology. Unless you will be using an iPad or mobile device, the first option is most likely the one you’ll need.
First day of class
- Class will begin at 10 AM and end at 12:30 PM. Tiago will be on Zoom at 9:45.
- You may login early, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
- Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
- Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
- If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
- If you are unsuccessful after step 3, call or text Tiago.
- We encourage you to have you camera on during class, as this helps with feeling connected, however, camera mode is optional.
- You may want to add a photo to your profile; see these instructions. This is optional.
- Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise during class.
- Plan ahead so that you will not be multi-tasking during the call. Do not drive while participating in any online class.
- This class will be recorded.