This is an online class!
Explore the painting application methods, composition, and color theory of the late 19th and early 20th century European and American impressionists. Alternative methods to Realist and Academic traditions will also be explored. Beginner and intermediate students welcome. All sessions will be recorded and students will receive a link to review their classes. Supply list provided.
Instructor: Tiago Finato
Thursday, 6-8 pm
Five classes: July 16, 23, 30; August 6, 13
The day before the first day of the workshop you will receive an invitation from Tiago Finato to join the online class in the (free) Zoom application. At that time, Tiago will confirm that that everyone is comfortable with Zoom and prepared for the class.
Watch this orientation video:https://youtu.be/hIkCmbvAHQQ
If you are new to Zoom. You may download and install the Zoom application at any time. We recommend you do this after you enroll in class or at least one day prior to your first online class. Choose the download option that best fits your technology. Unless you will be using an iPad or mobile device, the first option is most likely the one you’ll need.
The First Day of Class
- Class will begin at 6 pm and Tiago will be on Zoom approximately 15 minutes before.
- You may login early, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
- Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
- Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
- If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
- We encourage you to have your camera on during class, as this helps with feeling connected, however, camera mode is optional.
- You may want to add a photo to your profile; see these instructions. This is optional.
- Wear a headset or earbuds, mute your microphone or close a door to help limit background noise during class.
- Plan ahead so that you will not be multi-tasking during the call.