This is an online class!
Join Polish Folk artist Susan Urban for an online presentation of the different styles of Polish Folk Art collected from Polish museums and Polish village artists. Folk arts presented will include pottery and ceramics, wood carvings, interior design, ironwork, fabrics and textiles, basket weaving, straw and floral design, house painting, paper cutouts, Easter egg traditions and artwork as it relates to rituals and customs.
Instructor: Susan Urban
Monday, 10-11:30 am
One class: November 2
The day before the first class you will receive an invitation from the Museum School to join the online lecture in the (free) Zoom application.
Watch this orientation video if you are new to Zoom: https://youtu.be/hIkCmbvAHQQ. You may download and install the Zoom application at any time. We recommend you do this at least one day prior to your first online class. Choose the download option that best fits your technology. Unless you will be using an iPad or mobile device, the first option is most likely the one you’ll need.
The Day of Class
1. Class will begin at 10 AM. Susan will be on Zoom 15 minutes before the class starts.
2. You may login early, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
3. Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
4. Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
5. If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
6. You may wish to have your camera on during class, as this helps with feeling connected, however, camera mode is optional. Once you have logged in and connected, we ask that you mute your microphone. There will be time for questions and answers at the end of the lecture.
7. Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise during class.
8. Plan ahead and test your Zoom connection at least 15 minutes before the start of class.