This is an online class!
Learn the principles for painting a life-like portrait from a photo. Following a step-by-step process, students will learn how to capture the unique proportions and shapes of their subject, how to mix colors with precision, and how to create a realistic sense of form and three-dimensions. Class will include a painting demo by the instructor and discussion of how to take a proper photo for a painting reference. Supply list provided.
Instructor: Eliza Moser
Wednesday, 5:30-8:30 pm
Four classes: September 9, 16, 23, 30
The day before the first class you will receive an invitation from Eliza to join the online class in the (free) Zoom application.
Watch this orientation video if you are new to Zoom: https://youtu.be/hIkCmbvAHQQ. You may download and install the Zoom application at any time. We recommend you do this after you enroll in class or at least one day prior to your first online class. Choose the download option that best fits your technology. Unless you will be using an iPad or mobile device, the first option is most likely the one you’ll need.
- Class will begin at 5:30 pm. Eliza will be on Zoom 15 minutes before the class starts.
- You may login early, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
- Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
- Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
- If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
- You will need to have your camera on during class so you can share your work.
- You may want to add a photo to your profile; see these instructions. This is optional.
- Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise during class.
- Plan ahead and have your art supplies ready.