This is an online class!
Comparisons to other artists and styles of various art periods will be examined in this lecture. Art will include examples of Polish architecture (Prehistoric, Medieval and Gothic); painting, sculpture and graphics from the Renaissance and Baroque through Romanticism and Impressionism to Contemporary will also be examined.
Instructor: Susan Urban
Monday, 10-11:15 am
One class: August 3
The day before the first class you will receive an invitation from Susan Urban to join the online lectures in the (free) Zoom application.
Watch this orientation video if you are new to Zoom: https://youtu.be/hIkCmbvAHQQ. You may download and install the Zoom application at any time. We recommend you do this at least one day prior to your first online class. Choose the download option that best fits your technology. Unless you will be using an iPad or mobile device, the first option is most likely the one you’ll need.
The Day of Class
1. Class will begin at 10 AM. Susan will be on Zoom 15 minutes before the class starts.
2. You may login early, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
3. Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
4. Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
5. If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
6. You may wish to have your camera on during class, as this helps with feeling connected, however, camera mode is optional. Once you have logged in and are connected, we ask that you mute your microphone. There will be time for questions and answers at the end of the lecture.
7. You may want to add a photo to your profile; see these instructions. This is optional.
8. Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise during class.
9. Plan ahead so that you will not be multi-tasking during the program.