This is an online class!
Join Irish Genealogist Sara Campbell to explore a wide variety of sources of information that will help you tell the story of your Irish Ancestors. The first session will help you dig deeper into more recent, more accessible records unique to the Irish that will lead you back to the “auld sod.” The second week, we will delve into the digital archives that have opened up in recent years. Not all the information is online, but even if you are ready for a research trip to Ireland, prepare yourself before you go, so you’ll have plenty of time to sit back and enjoy the scenery. Come to this online class with your specific family questions ready, and prepare to move your ancestry research forward! No prior ancestry research necessary
Instructor: Sara Campbell
Wednesday, 11 am–12:30 pm
Two classes: July 15 and 22
The day before the first class you will receive an invitation from Sara to join the online Irish Genealogy class in the (free) Zoom application. At that time, Sara will make sure everyone can get into Zoom the day before the class is set to run.
Watch this orientation video if you are new to Zoom: https://youtu.be/hIkCmbvAHQQ. You may download and install the Zoom application at any time. We recommend you do this after you enroll in class or at least one day prior to your first online class. Choose the download option that best fits your technology. Unless you will be using an iPad or mobile device, the first option is most likely the one you’ll need.
The Day of Class
- Class will begin at 11 AM. Sara will be on Zoom 15 minutes before the class starts.
- You may login early, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
- Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
- Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
- If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
- We encourage you to have your camera on during class, as this helps with feeling connected, however, camera mode is optional.
- You may want to add a photo to your profile; see these instructions. This is optional.
- Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise during class.
- Plan ahead so that you will not be multi-tasking during the call.