This is an online class!
Learn to paint the beauty of doors and windows in this fun and creative watercolor workshop. Students will learn elements of composition and perspective, painting light and shadow, and how to render the unique beauty of doors and windows in a realistic manner. The class will begin with a demonstration by the instructor followed by class painting. A critique and class discussion will be held at the end of the session. Open to all levels. Bring a lunch or dine at the Blake House Café. Supply list provided.
Instructor: Robert J. O’Brien AWS NWS
Wednesday & Thursday, 10 am-4 pm
Two classes: September 23, 24
The day before the first class you will receive an invitation and a link from Robert O’Brien to join the online class in the (free) Zoom application.
Watch this orientation video if you are new to Zoom: https://youtu.be/hIkCmbvAHQQ. You may download and install the Zoom application at any time. We recommend you do this after you enroll in class or at least one day prior to your first online class. Choose the download option that best fits your technology. Unless you will be using an iPad or mobile device, the first option is most likely the one you’ll need.
1. Class will begin at 10 am. Robert will be on Zoom 15 minutes before the class starts.
2. We recommend that you login at least 10 minutes before the class starts to test your connection. If you step away from your computer during class leave Zoom open.
3. Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
4. Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
5. If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
6. You will need to have your camera on during class so you can share your work.
7. You may want to add a photo to your profile; see these instructions. This is optional.
8. Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise during class.
9. Plan ahead and have your art supplies ready.