This is an online class!
Join artist Robert Masla, who has been painting in watercolor and oil for over 50 years as he shares with you knowledge and techniques that can speed the learning process and your comfort level with watercolor in this relaxed and informative workshop. We will start at the very beginning, understanding paper, brushes and pigments – and their relationship to water. Through a series of paint along demonstrations Masla will lead you in the dance of watercolor painting. You will be given the tools, exercises and principles to practice and gain the understanding of the give and take between the artist, the paint and the water that ultimately brings mastery to watercolor painting. This class is ideal for the beginner or the artist that hasn’t painted in watercolor in a while or the intermediate that wishes to strengthen their knowledge and practice, loosen up and increase their mastery of watercolor painting.
Instructor: Robert Masla
Monday, 10 am-3 pm
One class: January 18
The day before the first class you will receive an invitation from Robert to join the online class in the (free) Zoom application. At that time, Robert will make sure everyone can get into Zoom the day before the class is set to run.
Watch this orientation video if you are new to Zoom: https://youtu.be/hIkCmbvAHQQ. You may download and install the Zoom application at any time. We recommend you do this after you enroll in class or at least one day prior to your first online class. Choose the download option that best fits your technology. Unless you will be using an iPad or mobile device, the first option is most likely the one you’ll need.
1. Class will begin at 10 AM. Robert will be on Zoom 15 minutes before the class starts.
2. You may login early, but if you step away from your computer before class starts leave Zoom open.
3. Connection is better if you close all web browsers on your computer while on Zoom.
4. Due to high volume on Zoom, connection may be imperfect at times.
5. If you have technical issues during class, quit Zoom and then login again. If you still have trouble, shut down your computer, wait 2-minutes, and then try again.
6. We encourage you to have your camera on during class, as this helps with feeling connected, however, camera mode is optional.
7. You may want to add a photo to your profile; see these instructions. This is optional.
8. Wear a headset or earbuds or close a door to help limit background noise during class.
9. Plan ahead so that you will not be multi-tasking during the call.