Join a group of talented individuals and contribute your time while gaining experience and a broader understanding of art, science, history and Dr. Seuss!
Museum volunteers provide many skills and services, often working directly with the public in our galleries and interactive spaces, during regular museum hours as well as special events. A list of current volunteer positions is provided below.
Your application will be kept on file for one year and you will be contacted for interview in the event of a match between your interests, experience, availability, and our needs.
Family Engagement Volunteer
- Assist with the day-to-day operations of the Art Discovery Center
- Help develop and prepare hands-on educational activities for families
- Volunteer at family programs
Summer: 1 event per week, plus 3-4 special events
Fall: 2 days per week
Reports to Family Engagement Coordinator
Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Volunteer
- Learning about the collections of the Springfield Museums as a whole, with a focus on the Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum and, specifically, the life and works of Theodor Geisel.
- Welcoming and creating a sense of belonging for a wide diversity of visitors.
- Helping to develop, prepare, facilitate, and track hands-on educational activities for families across disciplines.
- Working collaboratively with interns and staff.
- Aid in maintaining galleries located on the first floor of the Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum.
One 4 hour shift per week and special events as needed, over the duration of one season (Fall: September-December, Spring: January-May, Summer: June-August)
Reports to Program Coordinator, Amazing World of Dr. Seuss Museum
Work with museum visitors in Spark!Lab as they participate in several hands-on activities designed to foster creativity, innovation, and invention.
One 4 hour shift per week and special events as needed.
Reports to Spark!Lab Coordinator
Museum School Volunteer
Assist Museum School instructors with children’s hands-on activities and other duties as assigned.
Summer only: weekdays and weekends hours available.
Reports to Courses Coordinator