The Springfield Museums will host their “Family Fiesta” on Sunday, October 6 from 11 am to 5 pm as part of their Hispanic Heritage Month observance, which is sponsored by Baystate Health. The event is part of the Museums’ Family Fun series, which is funded by the TD Charitable Foundation.
The highlight of the day will be a performance by the musical group Surcari at 2 pm in the Davis Auditorium at the D’Amour Museum of Fine Arts. Originally from Chile and Puerto Rico, Surcari performs a blend of traditional and original Latin American music with a variety of instruments. The new exhibit by Josie Vargas titled Fiesta: Flora and Fauna from Puerto Rico will also be on view in the D’Amour Museum.
Other highlights of the day’s events include:
- An appearance by “everyone’s favorite girl explorer” (Noon-2 pm)
- Hands-on art activities (11 am-3 pm)
- Family Science Adventures (11 am-2 pm)
- Art activities, Art Discovery Center (12-4 pm)
- Planetarium shows (11:15 am, noon, 1 pm, & 2 pm; additional fee required)
All above performances and activities except planetarium shows are free with museum admission.