The Springfield Museums’ Family Fun series will continue on Friday, April 6, with “An Arabian Adventure.” Activities will take place from 10 am to 4 pm and are free with museum admission unless noted.
Family Fun programs are sponsored by TD Bank through the TD Charitable Foundation.
Performance, 1 pm
- An Arabian Adventure – The Tanglewood Marionettes present the tale of a Persian prince who must escape from a dungeon to save his princess from a tragic fate. The performance features storybook-style scenery and both classical and Middle Eastern music.
- Hands-on art activity – Make your own magic carpet, noon-3:45 pm
- Roving Scientist Demonstrations, 11 am-2 pm
- Scavenger Hunts – Locate objects in the galleries of the art and history museums, 10 am-4:45 pm
- Planetarium Shows – 11:15 am, noon, 1 and 2 pm (additional fee)
- Frogs: A Chorus of Colors – Fifteen different habitats filled with rock ledges, live plants and waterfalls are home to a selection of exotic frogs from around the world. ($5 special exhibit fee for all visitors ages 3 and up in addition to museum admission.)
Free onsite parking is available in the Edwards Street parking lots.
For information, call 413.263.6800, ext. 488.