The Springfield Museums at the Quadrangle and the Springfield City Library will host the annual “LittleFest” event to promote a love of reading in young children, on Saturday, September 13, from 10 am to 5 pm.
LittleFest is presented in conjunction with WGBY Public Television for Western New England. The event is sponsored by the Irene E. and George A. Davis Foundation. Activities are free with the price of museum admission. Admission is free for members of WGBY, Springfield Museum members, and Springfield residents with proof of address.
- Special, limited appearances by Curious George (10 am-3 pm, Science Workshop, 2nd floor, Springfield Science Museum.)
- Free books for the first 400 families, Blake Court, D’Amour Museum of Fine Arts, courtesy of WGBY. One book per family while supplies last.
- Strolling magic by Ed Popielarczyk’s Magical Moments (10:30 am-2:30 pm, Springfield Science Museum)
- Art Activities – Art Discovery Center, G.W.V. Smith Art Museum, (noon-4 pm) and at Central Library Children’s Room, (10 am-4 pm)
- Family-friendly lunches available for purchase at the Blake House Café.
- Bubbleology: The Secret World of Bubbles (two performances: 10:30 am & 12:45 pm, Davis Auditorium, D’Amour Museum of Fine Arts). As seen on Discovery Channel's "Time Warp", National Geographic TV, Keith Michael Johnson enchants audiences of all ages with the art and science of soap bubbles.
- The Tale of Juan Bobo (two performances: 11:30 am & 1:45 pm, Community Room, Lower Level, Central Library). CactusHead Puppets bring to life his classic Puerto Rican folktale about a trickster for whom even the smallest task can lead to the silliest of results.