The Springfield Museums at the Quadrangle and the Springfield City Library will host “LittleFest,” an event to promote a love of reading in young children, on Saturday, September 14, from 10 am to 5 pm.
LittleFest is presented in conjunction with WGBY Public Television for Western New England. The event is sponsored by the Irene E. and George A. Davis Foundation. Activities are free with the price of museum admission. Admission is free for Springfield residents, WGBY members, and Museum members.
- Special, limited appearances by the costumed character WordGirl from the PBS Kids animated series.
- Free books for the first 400 families; Museum Welcome Center. Give-away is courtesy of the Krueger Charitable Foundation, Tulsa, Okla, and WGBH Educational Foundation. One book per family while supplies last.
- Family friendly lunches available for purchase at the Blake House Café.
- Art Activities – Art Discovery Center, G.W.V. Smith Art Museum, (noon-4 p.m.) and at Central Library Children’s Room, (10 a.m.-4 p.m.)
- Mister G Performs ABC Fiesta – The popular children’s entertainer sings from his new bilingual album about his life-long delight in books and more; 10:30 a.m. and 12:45 p.m.; Davis Auditorium, D’Amour Museum of Fine Arts.
- Tommy James: Hands Up to Reading – a reading-themed magic show with a short tribute to Dr. Seuss; 11:30 a.m. and 1:45 p.m.; Community Room, Lower Level, Central Library.
™ & © Scholastic Inc. WORDGIRL is a trademark of Scholastic Inc. All rights reserved.