Designed by children, the large glass sculptures featured in this exhibition are funky and fun! These imaginative sculptures were fabricated by professionals at the Museum of Glass’s Hot Shop in Tacoma, Washington, and are on loan from the collection of the Museum of Glass. Kids and grownups alike will delight in this celebration of childhood and creativity with works such as Banana Bam!, Coyote in Socks, and Super Fuzzy.
Design your own for a chance to see your creation come to life!
June 1-July 31, 2018
- Kids, age 12 and under, visit the Art Discovery Center on the second floor of the George Walter Vincent Smith Art Museum and draw your idea of something you’d like to see made from glass. The design is totally up to you—be creative!
- Fill out an entry form and turn it in with your design. If you don’ t finish on the day of your visit, you can mail it to: Springfield Museums, Attn: Larissa Murray, 21 Edwards Street, Springfield, MA 01103
- The Museum of Glass Hot Shop Team will choose a winning design in early September 2018.
- On Saturday, September 22, the Springfield Museums will host a Skype viewing session with live video footage so you can watch the Hot Shop Team make two copies of your design in glass (one will be sent to you and one will stay at Museum of Glass in Tacoma, WA).
- The Museum of Glass may even include your design in a future display.
Sponsored in part by a grant from