The Springfield Museums will present the following Museums à la Carte programs in May. The programs are held on Thursdays at 12:15 pm in the Michele and Donald D’Amour Museum of Fine Arts.
- May 3 – Disability No Handicap: Artist Joseph Whiting Stock, 1815-1855; Frances Gagnon, Springfield historian.
- May 10 – Theater in America: From Banned to Bawdy; Anne Barrett, A Brief History Historical Presentations.
- May 17 – Restoration of the Tiffany Stained Glass Windows in the G.W.V. Smith Art Museum; Charles Woodard & David Guarducci, Guarducci Stained Glass Studios.
- May 24 – Masculine and Unaffected: Architecture in the Age of Queen Elizabeth I; Christy Anderson, Ph.D., professor of art history, University of Toronto.
- May 31 – Before Movies Moved: The Start of Cinema; Jeff Bemiss, award-winning filmmaker.
Admission to Museums à la Carte is $4 ($2 for members of the Springfield Museums). The programs are sponsored by Big Y World Class Market. Visitors are invited to bring lunch to enjoy during the program. Cookies and coffee are provided.
Free onsite parking is available. For more information about Museums à la Carte, call 413.263.6800, ext. 488.