Celebrate the 50th anniversary of Earth Day with FREE activities on the Quadrangle Green!
Enjoy a wide array of environmental education exhibits, programs and engaging activities. Learn how to become better environmental stewards both locally and globally and how to promote conservation through everyday actions. Participate in fun, recreational activities that demonstrate ways to enjoy the outdoors while appreciating and learning about the beautiful natural world which surrounds us.
In the case of inclement weather the Festival will be moved into the Springfield Science Museum.
Boys of the Landfill Bluegrass Band, 11:30 am & 1 pm
Environmental songs on the Quadrangle Green.
Massachusetts Bird of Prey Rehabilitation Program, Noon
Live presentation by Tom Ricardi in Tolman Auditorium.
Exhibitors, 11 am-4 pm
- Connecticut River Conservancy
- Concerned Citizens for Springfield (Student Artwork)
- ECOS (Environmental Center for Our Schools) (Paper Making Activity)
- Gardening the Community
- Greening the Gateway Cities Springfield (Environmental Art Display)
- Hampden County Bee Keepers Association (Beekeeping Materials and Products)
- Hampden Hampshire Conservation District
- Interfaith Council of Greater Springfield
- International Dark Sky Association
- Keep Springfield Beautiful (Great American Cleanup)
- Live Well Springfield Climate Justice Initiative
- Mass Wildlife Angler Education Program (Casting Lessons for Kids)
- Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- Regreen Springfield
- Springfield Department of Public Works (Recycling Display)
- Springfield Forestry Division (Seedling Giveaway)
- Springfield Water and Sewer Commission (Coble Mountain Water Giveaway)
- Suez Water (Wastewater Treatment)
- United States Fish and Wildlife Service
- Western Massachusetts Council Boy Scouts of America (Bird House Kits, fishing game, rope-making, knot tying.)
- Western MA Master Gardeners Association (Activities for children including make your own seed tape)